Conditions for participation:
- University submissions should meet the conditions and requirements of the Dubai Customs IP Awards (Classification and authorship)
- Project name: Every participating institution will choose a name for the project and the Customs management shall approve the participation form which shall contain the name, theme and objectives of the project.
- Language: The project must be printed clearly in Arabic or English.
- Number of projects: Each university/college may compete with one project only.
- The entity in charge of the project, which is Dubai Customs, shall be mentioned along with its logo, as well as the name and logo of the participating university.
- Project team: Each project shall be handled by a team consisting of 5 students and 2 supervisors.
- The project should be original and not a replication of a previously submitted project either wholly or partially in terms of material, attachments, pictures or any other activities.
- Submissions that do not contain the IPR team’s visit form to the university will not be accepted.
Projects evaluation criteria:
When evaluating submitted projects, the jury will take into consideration the following criteria:
First criterion: Project alignment & relevance
1.1The appropriateness and relevance of the project submitted for IPR protection and application in the UAE and the extent to which it properly addresses IP-related issues.
1.2Identification of the problem and providing appropriate solutions.
1.3Creativity and innovation.
Second criterion: Outcomes
2.2Usefulness and practicality of the project.
2.3Serving and engaging internal and external community through education and awareness raising .
2.4The project may have tangible economic impact within the UAE in one or more fields.
Third criterion: Project management
3.1The project participants’ observance and application of the Awards criteria.
3.2Organization, preparation and coordination.
3.3Project submission within the set timeframe.
3.4Teamwork and cooperation among team members.