Dubai Customs is one of the leading government departments taking part in enhancing sustainable development and promoting Dubai’s image worldwide, turning it into a principal capital, business and tourism destination, as it facilitates smooth movement of legitimate trade and leverages economic and social development, the matter which is consistent with its slogan stating "gateway to Dubai’s prosperity", because prosperity is usually based on free trade through a safe, fast and practical environment to meet the needs of people and adapt to their requirements. This in addition to DC’s main role to protect society and borders against those who try to smuggle prohibited substances to or through Dubai threatening the community safety and security.
Dubai Customs works relentlessly to deliver top-notch services to its clients by developing and innovating new methods to facilitate customs procedures, in compliance with Dubai Government Strategic Plan, which aims at consolidating the Emirate’s position and maintaining rates of economic growth, supporting creativity and innovation with in UAE, encouraging governmental bodies make so in consistent with innovation initiatives to be launched by UAE leadership, including declaring 2015 “Year of Innovation” according to the directives of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE President, as well as the National Innovation Strategy launched by His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, aiming at making the UAE among the most innovative nations in the world within seven years, and other similar initiatives aiming at promoting a culture of innovation in governmental practices.
Dubai Customs plays a key role in protecting the community from the infiltration of drugs and prohibited goods to local use, as they impose a great risk on man’s health, the economy and the society’s elements in general. For that purpose, Dubai Customs uses the latest and most advanced scanning and inspection devices world-class, side-by-side to the high qualified human cadre whose members received specialized training courses programs in various areas.
As part of a larger strategic objective for enhancing social and economic growth and out of their belief in reserving the rights of manufacturers, inventors, intellectual properties and brand owners from all industrial fields; business or literary, Dubai Customs continues exerting greater efforts in combating phenomena of fraud, piracy and counterfeit activities.
Dubai Customs has received extensive recognition with some of the most prestigious technical and customs awards and ISO certificates in different business fields including corporate excellency, IT systems, corporate social responsibility, environment, customer services, and innovation awards and certificates. This recognition reflects the success of Dubai Customs in delivering high quality services to its clients of business and industrial companies and indicates Dubai Customs strive to continuously develop its service and its keenness to incorporate cutting-edge innovations and technology within its work process to keep pace with today’s challenges.
- Stressing our role in trade supply without intervening in the flow of goods and passengers movement unless necessary.
- Being committed to the community and the trade sector in allocating and handling illegal actions.
- Confirming responsibility for World Trade Organization and World Customs Organization as well as other international treaties and conventions.
- Emphasizing our vital presence in the GCC and the need to administer the Common Customs Law.
- Underlining responsibility towards our strategic alliances:
- Dubai Government
- Trade sector
- Business and finance sector in Dubai
- Citizens of the Emirate of Dubai.
Method of Operation
- Reserving a pioneer presence and reinforcing relations with our clients to guarantee providing the best quality services in line with our organizational responsibilities.
- Ensuring the availability of required information to all clients to preserve customs requirements.
- Maintaining clients trust in our practices and procedures.
- Enhancing work practices through providing the most advanced IT applications and technical support.
- Establishing an efficient information network in order to secure Risk Management on time.
- Boosting employees' proficiency by offering more professional training courses, career development and performance management.
Being trustworthy in the eyes of the clients, community and the international trade sector with regards to:
- Accomplishing all customs practices efficiently and economically cost-worthy.
- Providing specific and reliable information for decision-making process.
- Granting incentives and assessment to endorse voluntary compliance of customs regulations.
- Raising awareness of sanctioning compliance of customs law and setting penalty law, if necessary.
- Assuming leadership and supporting customs authorities in the region.
- Providing advice to the highest levels of government, UAE emirates and the GCC Customs Union.
- More efficiency and innovation in identifying opportunities and facing future challenges.
- Establishing and cementing bonds with customs authorities in order to achieve optimal results with the least cost possible.
For further information please click on the contact us link below: