Dubai customs pays great regard to establishing relationships with all governmental and federal authorities for serving all community segments, the traders in particular, and strengthening close ties within the frameworks of effective strategic partnership so as to nurture sustainability in all fields according to the pioneer institutional system of Dubai Customs.
Dubai Customs looks forward to expand the competitive horizons, expedite the development process, and build future in consistency with the UAE Vision 2021 and Dubai Plan 2021. Thus, the leadership of Dubai Customs has developed plan for integrating efforts, exchanging experience and transferring knowledge to the governmental authorities along with focus on the prohibition and restriction bodies for utilizing the best practices in the service of all trading groups.
In harmony with the directions given by the senior management and the plans for focus on prohibition and restriction bodies (regulatory agencies), the strategic partners of Dubai Customs in 2015 were defined as follows:
1. Dubai Police General Headquarters
2. DP World
3. Dubai Municipality
4. Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority
5. Emirate Airline (freight/passengers)
6. Ministry of Health
7. Ministry of Environment and Water
8. General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs
9. Ministry of Economy
10. Ministry of Interior 11. Dubai Chamber of Commerce
14. Dubai Trade
15. Federal Customs Authority
16. The State Security Apparatus
17. The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
18. The Department of Economic Development
19. The General Authority for the Security of Ports, Borders and Free Zones
The Most Remarkable Achievements in 2015:
The development of projects aimed at strengthening the security aspect of the Emirate of Dubai in particular and the UAE in general through:
1. The exchange of intelligence information with many governmental bodies such as:
- The Federal Customs Authority
- Dubai Police General Headquarters
- Regional Office for Exchange of Information in the Middle East (RILO)
- Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation (FANR)
- Ministry of Environment and Water
- The Department of Economic Development in Sharjah
2. Building of institutional capabilities: 6 memorandums of understanding were executed in 2015:
Memorandum of Understanding on Partnership between Dubai Customs and the Technology and Media Free Zone Authority.
The Convention on Preparation and Implementation of Supply Chain and Customs with Dubai University.
Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Training with Dubai Judicial Institute.
Memorandum of Understanding on "Partners for Excellence" Initiative for governmental excellence between Dubai Customs and Legal Affairs Department.
Memorandum of Understanding with the Emirates Talent Association.
Dubai Customs executed cooperation agreement with DMI for presenting radio program under the name of "Emirate Week for Inventions".
3. Competitive Knowledge Economy:
- 23 internal benchmarks were conducted in 2015 with (Dubai Police, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, Dubal, Emirate Airlines, RTA, Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services, General Directorate of Foreigners Affairs, Smart Government of Dubai, the Public Prosecution, INTERPOL, and Dubai Municipality).
- 41 external benchmarks were conducted in 2015 (RTA; Dubai Culture & Arts Authority; Dubai Courts; Municipality & Planning Department in Ajman; Community Development Authority; Ministry of Labor; Abu Dhabi Airports; General Directorate of Abu Dhabi Customs; Abu Dhabi Statistics Center; Dubai Courts; Lands and Properties Department; Ras Al Khaimah Customs; Ministry of Culture, Youth and Community Development; Mohammed Bin Rashid Housing Establishment; Dubai Municipality; Dubai Electricity and Water Authority; Etisalat Academy; Emirates Airlines; Al Falah University; ENOC; Human Resources Department of the Government of Dubai; Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation; the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs; DP World; Dubai Police General Headquarters; Dubai Sports Council; Civil Aviation Authority; Community Development Authority; Al Baraha Hospital; the Department of Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities – Dubai; Dubai Health Authority; the Department of Economic Development – Sharjah; Al Dar University College).
4. A number of initiatives were developed with partners:
- Regulating mechanisms for dealing with CITES seizures between Dubai Customs and the Ministry of Environment.
- The Societal Responsibility Division conducted blood donation campaign in collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
- Dubai Customs participated in Earth Hour Event organized by Dubai Electricity and Water Authority.
- Dubai Customs participated with Dubai Electricity and Water Authority; Dubai Municipality; RTA; the Department of Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities; Health Authority; the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai; and Dubai Police General Headquarters in the 3rd Mass Female Wedding Ceremony on the International Women's Day.
- Dubai Customs participated with the Ministry of Environment in the destruction of more than 10 tons of ivory.
- Dubai Customs participated in "Why Do You Maintain It?" Voluntary Campaign conducted by Lands Department.
- Dubai Customs launched "Your Safety Matters to DEWA" Initiative in collaboration with Dubai Police General Headquarters.
- Dubai Customs participated in "My Blood for My Country" Campaign organized by Dubai Health Authority.