Passengers must declare the below listed items to the Customs Officers upon arrival. Failing to declare such items shall be deemed as smuggling, a violation punishable by law:
- The following personal effects accompanying passengers shall be allowed entry and are exempted from customs duty:
- Photo and video cameras with their appropriate tapes, films and accessories.
- Projectors for displaying slides and films including accessories and suitable quantities of slides and films.
- Portable music instruments.
- Radios, digital audio broadcasting apparatus, CD and DVD players, dictation machines and their accessories with appropriate quantities of tapes and CDs.
- Portable TV sets.
- Portable typing machines.
- PCs and laptops.
- Portable calculators.
- Baby strollers.
- Special needs pushchairs and wheelchairs.
- Sports equipment.
- Cash declaration procedure
All passengers arriving in the country must declare cash or other bearer monetary instruments in their possession in an aggregate amount exceeding AED 60,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies and travelers cheques, by filling out the designated declaration form in accordance with the cash declaration regulation in force in the UAE. Passengers under the age of 18 years old shall not be allowed to bring in cash exceeding the aforementioned permissible limit and any excess cash in their possession shall be added to the allowed limit of their parent/guardian should they be accompanied minors.