People of determination are an integral part of the Dubai Customs work system and society at large. In its strategic plan Dubai Customs adopted empowerment of people of determination as a key part of its workforce. The organization has provided all resources and requirements to enable these individuals and give them a fair chance to serve their community and their nation through an inclusive, disability-friendly workplace environment. Dubai Customs website is equipped with latest tools making it easily accessible to persons with disabilities.
Use the buttons below to increase or decrease the text size:
Click on icon to change color.
Listen to the content of the page by clicking play on ReadSpeaker.
Services for Business:
Services for Individual:
2. Training MethodologyThe Department of Human Resources Development is responsible for:
3. Training MechanismsTraining needs analysis mechanism is the principal step adopted by training in designing, developing, testing and implementing training programmes and appraising trainee’s performance standard at the implementation phase and measuring the programme returns after the trainee assumes his role function. The object of training needs analysis is to clarify the following matters:
Furthermore, the understanding of information about the targeted employees knowledge, skills and capacity is a step forward to identify training objectives from one hand and meet the trainee’s specific needs on the other hand. One of the training objectives is to include the design and development of training returns appraisal system into all training levels whereas a methodology dealing with short and long objectives can be produced from such appraisal. Training needs analysis methodology tests the following aspects:
To obtain data and information about training needs analysis methodology, the management shall use the following tools:
Each of the aforementioned tools has a specific method for establishing its returns. In view of close links between training needs, designing and testing of programmes and their returns assessments, the management is keen to complete such job by a dedicated team based on specific measures. The next step of training needs analysis deals with preparation, design and development of training material in accordance with the findings reached by the training needs analysis methodology. Also, it deals with designing appraisals mechanisms for all programmes phases and components for the purposes of acquiring information useful in identifying performance standards, diagnosing performance default and its reasons and develop standards and mechanisms showing to what extent the programme was successful in achieving the objectives. Such phase can be completed by a team to be entrusted with preparing, designing, developing and testing training material to verify its viability and avoid any areas of default before being implemented. The team shall then; pass the training material to HRD/competent Division Director for approval and referral to trainers for implementation. The Programmed Implementation, Evaluation and Documentation Section is responsible for providing the training material and evaluate its returns at all levels to ensure that knowledge, skills and capacity acquired by trainee satisfy training needs. The education aims to achieve the following goals and objectives:
In light of the education results, the need for programmes aiming at addressing deficiencies and achieving objectives and appreciating calculation of training returns, would be considered.
4. Bases of Training, Education and Development PlanSuch bases are established under the following steps:
1. Technical. 2. Personal. 3. Managerial.
1. Employees` contribution to achieving objectives. 2. Competency level acquired by employees.
5. Training Offers Selection CriteriaIn the aftermath of identifying training needs and assessing candidates’ level, training offers shall be subject to the following criteria prior to being approved:
Your web browser is not fully supported by our website. For optimal experience and to view full features, please upgrade to a modern browser. You can get the new Google Chrome
For an optimal experience please
rotate your device to portrait mode