In an effort to improve service delivery to its clients, Dubai Customs has introduced some enhancements on clients procedures and registration processes by introducing the electronic authorization service, which beside being very simple and easy, is one of the main electronic features that can ensure the following:
• Importers and free zone companies can authorize their customs brokers electronically.
• customs brokers can contact the importers to get the necessary authorization.
Steps to Be Followed For E-Authorization
1. Visit: www.dubaitrade.ae
(this link will open an external website in a new window)
2. Click on Dubai Customs link
3. Sign up at Dubai Trade portal and identify a username and password
4. Click on “Amend Profile” service under the “Requests” menu.
5. Click “New Association” link
6. Click “ADD” button under “Business Associations” section
7. Click the icon next to the textbox and enter the Business Code of the company whom you would like to authorize and click “OK” button
8. Select the Association Type, e.g. Importer to Broker, specify the commencement date and the expiry date, and click “SAVE” button
9. Click "ADD" button under “Customs Declaration Type” section, and select the type of the declaration for which the authorization is to be issued from the drop down menu
10. Click Account Authorization (if you wish to complete the authorization process using your account), and click “SAVE” button
11. Your request will be sent for approval – please keep your request ID for future reference
Associate Businesses Authorization Process
File Size: 937 KB
File Date: 12/8/2012